Vizsla a highly energetic Hungarian favorite Dog breeds, these are eager and graceful trotters of great stamina, making them ideal jogging or biking companions Dog breed.
If you’re looking for a more exotic variation of the Pointer, the Hungarian Vizsla is your dog — especially if you intend to spend a lot of time with him, and also give him plenty of opportunity to run, hike, walk, and as well as play hard every day.
Read about more popular dog breeds like Australian Shepherd.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 14 years
- Origin: Hungary
- Temperament: Affectionate, Energetic, Gentle
- Height: Male: 22–24 Inches, Female: 21–2 Inches
- Weight: Male: 55–60 pounds, Female: 44–55 pounds
- Colors: any color
- Group: sporting Group
|Coat:||silky , soft coat|
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
However, Athletes of many talents, Vizslas excel at various sports and activities. An expert on the breeds tells us, “If you don’t have the time to encourage this breed’s full use of its brain, you’re wasting a good dog.”
Vizslas, a friendly and also intelligent dog, require a high level of physical activity and considerable interaction with people. These dog may suffer separation anxiety and fear of loud noises such as thunderstorms. He’s not only a talented hunting pet, but he’s also capable of excelling in many other fields, including agility and also search and rescue work.
VIZSLA TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Vizslas are active dog, requiring a high level of physical activity, given their hunting history.
- He doesn’t make good kennel dog and also prefer being with their owners.
- Of course he need a large amount of interaction with people.
- Vizslas tolerate other dogs and also cats well if properly socialized.
- Moreover these are often great hiking partners and always on the lookout for interesting scents.
- This dog can become frustrated and also destructive if not given adequate exercise.
- Most dogS can be stubborn, some can be timid, and also others can be overly excitable.
- Vizslas are often gentle, sensitive, extremely affectionate, and can be protective.
- They makes a good companion pet for an active owner who spends a lot of time outdoors.
VIZSLA HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 12 to 14 years.
- Major concerns: epilepsy
- Minor concerns: CHD, lymphosarcoma
- Occasionally seen: PRA, dwarfism, tricuspid valve dysplasia, persistent right aortic arch, hypothyroidism, vWD
- Suggested tests: hip, thyroid, eye, (cardiac), thyroid, (vWD)