Shiba Inu also known as the “Shiba Ken”, “Japanese Turf Dog”, is a hunting Japanese dog breed. Shiba Inu is relatively smaller like Dachshund. Shiba Inu breed was developed for hunting. Sometimes, it is mistaken for other Japanese dog breeds. They have an independent nature and like to stay in a clean state.
- Life span: 12 to 15 years
- Origin: Japan
- Temperament: Charming, Keen, Alert, Fearless.
- Height: Male: 35–43 cm, Female: 33–41 cm
- Weight: Male: 8–11 kg, Female: 6.8–9 kg
- Colors: Black, Tan, Cream, Red sesame, Black Sesame.
- Group: Non Sporting Group
|Coat:||double, red sesame|
|Litter size||3 puppies on average|
|Life span||12-15 years|
SHIBA INU DOG
They are also independent dogs, but at the same time have very fastidious nature. This dog is among very proud dog breeds. This dog always likes a clean state. To teach them toileting, the pet parents need to place this dog outside after meal time and naps.
When the dog is unhappy, the Shiba Inu will produce a louder scream which is called as Shiba Scream. It can produce loud sound also when feels a state of joy. When there pet parents return home, they produce a louder sound to express their happiness and so are very loving pets.
TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Shiba Inu dog has an independent and proud nature.
- They are fastidious breeds
- This Dog breed always likes to stay in a clean condition
- This dog is often cleaning its paws and legs
- This dog can be a perfect for a little experienced pet parent.
HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 12 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: allergies, glaucoma, cataracts etc
- Occasionally seen: Luxating patella, entropioh
- Suggested tests: joints, eye test
Also See : American Staffordshire Terrier !
Also read about more Dog Breeds famous among the pet lovers around the world.