Poodle a very clever, impressive dogs breed, Many a family overlooks the smart, funny Poodle, thinking him prissy. Still, it is one of the more popular dog breeds in the world. His lovers know the dog for their intelligence, ease of training, low-shedding curly coat, and love of family. With boundless energy, extremely smartness and also a sunny disposition, he makes an excellent family dog.
Read about more popular dog breeds like Australian Shepherd.
- Life expectancy: 10 – 18 years
- Origin: Germany
- Temperament: Active, Proud, Very Smart
- Height: Male: 10 – 15 Inches, Female: 10–14 Inches
- Weight: Male: 60–70 pounds, Female: 40–50 pounds
- Colors: Black, White, Apricot, Grey, Sable
- Group: Non-sporting Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-18 years|
Poodles are regarded as one of the most brilliant dog breeds in the world. These dog are highly trainable, smart and as well as suited for just about any task you put them to–and you will want to give them tasks to do.
People-pleasing Poodles are clever, happy and also friendly dogs who like mingling with people and other dogs. They have a terrific sense of humor and are natural-born clowns. Being the center of attention makes them happy. These dog have an astonishing capacity for behaviors and tricks involving both brains and agility. It is entirely possible for a Poodle to outwit you, and you may find it unnerving to live with a dog who seems smarter than you are.
POODLE TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Very smartest and most obedient dog Breeds, the Standard Poodle combines playful exuberance with a zest for life’s adventures.
- These Dog breeds retain its hunting heritage, and loves to run, swim, and retrieve. The dog gets along well with everyone, although is somewhat reserved with strangers. The Poodle is excellent with children.
- Poodles also need a lot of interaction with people.
- These dog need mental and physical exercise.
- His curly coat requires intense grooming.
- Need Regular brush
POODLE HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 10 to 18 years.
- They should preferably be brushed every other day or weekly for shorter coats
- Poodle is healthy breed
- Major concerns: sebaceous adenitis, gastric torsion, Addison’s
- Minor concerns: distichiasis, entropion, cataract, CHD, epilepsy
- Occasionally seen: PDA, vWD
- Suggested tests: (skinpunch for SA), eye, hip