Norwich Terrier is one of the smallest of all the terriers breeds of dog, but what he lacks in size, he makes up for in personality and drive. This active terrier is a wonderful companion dog for an active individual or family dog. The dog bears a slightly foxy expression.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 15 years
- Origin: United Kingdom
- Temperament: Alert, Affectionate, Curious, loyal
- Height: Male: 10 Inches, Female: 9–10 Inches
- Weight: Male: 12 pounds, Female: 10–12 pounds
- Colors: Red, Black, Tan, Wheaten Grizzle
- Group: Terrior Group
NORWICH TERRIER MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS
|Coat:||Double coat,hard wiry, soft under coat|
|Litter size||average 1 to 3 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-15 years|
NORWICH TERRIER DOG
Norwich Terriers are plucky little earth dogs named for their home town in England. Norwiches are toy-sized but are not satin-pillow dog—they were originally bred as tough and fearless ratters. Moreover these dog are distinguished from their doggy doppelganger, the Norfolk Terrier, by their erect, pointed ears.
Norwiches are energetic enough to play fetch all day, but affectionate enough to enjoy hours of lap time with their favorite human.. Three words convey the overall dog: cute, cuter, and also cutest.
NORWICH TERRIER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- The Norwich Terrier, like the Norfolk, this dog is a true terrier at heart, always ready for adventure and excitement.
- Happy-go-lucky, fearless, and also sometimes even bossy style.
- Short, positive training sessions work best with this clever but sometimes stubborn breed
- This pet may chase small animals, given the breed’s hunting background.
NORWICH TERRIER HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: CHD
- Minor concerns: allergies, seizures
- Occasionally seen: patellar luxation, cheyletiella mites, deafness, cataract
- Suggested tests: hip, knee, eye