Neapolitan Mastiff is a huge, powerful guarder Dog Breed. This Dog may have the most alarming appearance of any dog, and some say this look was purposefully bred in order to scare away intruders without the dog having to act. However, when forced to act, the Dog can spring into action with surprising speed.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 14 years
- Origin: Italy
- Temperament: Loyal, Dignified, Watchful
- Height: Male: 26–31 Inches, Female: 24–29 Inches
- Weight: Male: 100–150 pounds, Female: 90–110 pounds
- Colors: Neapolitan mastiffs can appear black, blue, mahogany, and tawny in color.
- Group: working Group
|Coat:||brindle pattern, short coat|
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
NEAPOLITAN MASTIFF OVERVIEW
The Neapolitan Mastiff Dog is a very powerful guarder whose astounding appearance has intimidated intruders since the days of ancient Rome.They wary with strangers, the profusely wrinkled Mastino is sweet, placid, and steady among loved ones.
This Dog may not get along well with other dogs, especially domineering-type dogs. Because of its size, it should be carefully socialized at an early age. This dog enjoy the outdoors but do not tolerate warm weather well. As with any giant dog breed, food, boarding, and even veterinary bills can be higher.
NEAPOLITAN MASTIFF TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- The Neapolitan Mastiff was breed for centuries to guard its family pet.
- As such, it is incredibly loyal and devoted to its family, watchful and suspicious of strangers, and tolerant of acquaintances breed.
- It is a stay-at-home-type dog. Although it is extremely loving toward children, its sheer size can make accidents possible.
- This dog drool and can leave a trail of food and water leading from their bowls.
- This is not a breed for obsessive house cleaners!
- These dog don’t need a lot of exercise, but they do need a lot of living space.
- This dog also enjoy the outdoors but do not tolerate warm weather well.
- Fine-boned, elegant, easy to carry, doesn’t take up much space
- Friendly toward Strangers.
NEAPOLITAN MASTIFF HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: CHD, cardiomyopathy, demodicosis
- Minor concerns: cherry eye, elbow dysplasia
- Occasionally seen: none
- Suggested tests: hip, elbow, cardiac, eye
- Life span: 8–10 years (larger individuals tend to live toward the shorter end of the range)
- Note: breeding often requires artificial insemination and Caesarean delivery