Maltipoo a cute, clever, playful, and affectionate dog breed. This sweet little dog is a cross of a Maltese and a Toy or Miniature Poodle. These dog retain their puppy-like looks and behavior well into their teen years. His coat can be scruffy or curly and comes in a variety of colors, although it is most often white or cream.
- Life expectancy: 10 – 15 years
- Origin: Malta
- Height: Male: 9–11 Inches, Female: 9–10 Inches
- Weight: Male: 4–6 pounds, Female: 4–5 pounds
- Colors: almost any
- Group: Toy Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
The Maltipoo is a crossbreed. This dog opening your heart and home to a crossbreed is like opening a beautifully wrapped package on your birthday: you never know what’s going to be inside.
These dog breeds often assumed that a crossbreed will combine the best of two or more breeds, but genetics doesn’t always work that way. The way genes combine and express themselves is not necessarily within a breeder’s control, even less so when two breeds are crossed.
MALTIPOO TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Mild-mannered and Normally calm, the Maltipoo dog breeds is a great family companion for those willing to spend a lot of time with the dog.
- This crossbreed also loves his people and attaches to them quickly.
- It is also a strong dog to human bond can be problematic as Maltipoos often suffer from separation anxiety.
- This dog can also become depressed and even cause harm to themselves by pulling out their own coats and chewing on their skin.
- Maltipoos dog breeds do best when a family member is with them all of the time.
- This makes them ideal companions for seniors, or people who work from home
- Fine-boned, elegant, easy to carry, doesn’t take up much space
- Friendly toward Strangers.
MALTIPOO HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 10 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: patellar luxation, open fontanel, hypoglycemia, hydrocephalus, distichiasis, entropion, dental problems, hypothyroidism, portacaval shunt
- Occasionally seen: deafness, shaker syndrome
- Suggested tests: knee, eye, cardiac