The Labrador Retriever is a large type of retriever-gun dog. This dog is one of the most famous Dog breeds all our the world just like GERMAN SHEPHERD. Labrador Retriever possesses numerous endearing traits, intelligence, easy to train and also being an excellent family companion. The Labrador dog was bred to be both a friendly companion and a useful working dog breed .They require moderate exercise, but if not provided, or if left alone, Labs can be destructive.
LABRADOR RETRIEVER IMPORTANT STATS
- Life expectancy: 12 – 13 years.
- Origin: United Kingdom and United State.
- Temperament: Labradors as a breed are curious and exploratory and love company.
- Height: Male: 57–62 cm, Female: 55–60 cm.
- Weight: Male: 65–80 kg, Female: 55–70 kg.
- Colors: Only Black, chocolate, yellow (ranges from pale yellow (nearly white) to fox red)
- Group: Working Group.
LABRADOR RETRIEVER MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS
|Litter size||average 20 to 23 may be larger|
|Life span||12-13 years|
LABRADOR RETRIEVER DOG
Historically, he earns his keep as a fisherman’s helper: hauling nets, fetching ropes, and retrieving fish from the chilly North Atlantic. Labrador is a good family pet.Today’s Labrador Retriever is as good-natures and hard working as his forebear. And he’s America’s most popular dog breeds.
Moreover this dog is square or slightly longer than tall, of fairly large bone and substance. The breed’s broad head and also very strong jaws enabled the dog to carry the largest game birds, such as Canada geese. A heavy body and strong legs enable the dog to swim and run powerfully.
LABRADOR RETRIEVER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Labradors as a dog breeds are curious and analytic and love company.
- Kind, pleasant, outgoing and tractable nature dog.
- Have prone to chewing objects
- Excellent family dog.
- They have bred specifically for their skills at working in the field.
- Labradors grow-up at around three years of age;
- They are often very easygoing and also trusting with strangers.
- Labradors are highly intelligent and also capable of intense single-mindedness and focus if motivated or their interest is caught.
- They are a very intelligent dog breeds.Hence they are ranked No. 7 in Stanley Coren’s The Intelligence of Dogs.
LABRADOR RETRIEVER HEALTH AND CARE
- It is a healthy breed with few major problems
- Labrador pups are also not brought to the home before they are 8 weeks old.
- Chocolate Labradors have short average of life expectancy than other colours.
- Brown color is rare too
- Moreover Labradors are quite prone to hip and elbow dysplasia
- Labradors also suffer from the risk of knee problems.
- Eye problems are also feasible in some Labradors
- Labradors often hurt from exercise collapse, a syndrome that causes hyperthermia, weakness, collapse, and disorientation after short bouts of exercise
- Hence this obesity has been attributed to a specific gene mutation