Jack Russell Terrier is a small terrier dog breeds that has its origins in fox hunting in England. Jack Russell Terrier, also known as the Parson Russell Terrier. He is a lively, independent, and clever little dog. This dog is charming and affectionate pet, but he’s also a handful to train and manage. For experienced dog owners only!
JACK RUSSELL TERRIER IMPORTANT STATS
- Life expectancy: 13 – 15 years
- Origin: England
- Temperament: clever, friendly, Athletic
- Height: Male: 14 Inches, Female: 13 Inches
- Weight: Male: 13–17 pounds, Female: 15–16 pounds
- Group: Terrier Group
JACK RUSSELL TERRIER MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||13-15 years|
JACK RUSSELL TERRIER DOG
Parson Russell Terrier is a bold and clever terrier, swift enough to run with horses and fearless dog enough to dig in and flush a fox from his lair. This dog is independent problem solvers, PRTs can have their own ideas on how to go about things.
Jack Russell Terriers are slightly taller than they are long and have a medium build. The PRT’s expression of dog is often keen and full of life. Historically, their slender build also allowed them to fit into small passageways when protecting the home or farm from rodents.
JACK RUSSELL TERRIER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- This is a dog that thrives on action and adventure. In the process, they may find themselves in the middle of trouble.
- Dog is very energetic and if given the chance, will explore, wander, chase, and dig.
- The Jack Russell Terriers is often very playful and intelligent.
- This dog is often get along well with children and strangers.
- This dog may need to be properly introduced to strange dogs, but they are usually better than many terriers.
- Jack Russell Terriers can do well with horses, but may chase cats and are not good with small pets. They may tend to bark and dig.
- Parson Russell Terriers can make an ideal companion for an active person with a good sense of humor who wants a lot of entertainment— and perhaps some mischief—in one dog.
JACK RUSSELL TERRIER HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 13 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: lens luxation, patellar luxation
- Occasionally seen: glaucoma, ataxia, compulsive behavior, Legg–Perthes, deafness
- Suggested tests: eye, knee, hearing