Great Dane is a big size dog breed. It has its origin from Germany. This is a domestic pet which is very famous for its giant size. It is also known as Deutsche the easygoing Great Dane, the mighty “Apollo of Dogs,” is a total joy to live with—but owning a dog of such imposing size, weight, and strength is a commitment not to be entered into lightly. This breed is indeed great, but not a Dane breed.
- Life expectancy: 8 – 10 years
- Origin: Germany
- Temperament: Gentle, Loving, Friendly
- Height: Male: 30–32 Inches, Female: 28–30 Inches
- Weight: Male: 140–175 pounds, Female: 110–140 pounds
- Colors: black, brown, white
- Group: working Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
GREAT DANE DOG
Great Dane is called as “The Gentle Giant” as of its friendly nature with owners. Despite the big size, the Great Dane has a very sensitive and loving nature in its personality which attracts every pet parent. He has very large puppies and they keep on growing longer. The pet parents must go to daily walks with them to keep their health at a good level.
GREAT DANE TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Great around children after care and proper training
- A perfectly loving pet
- Gentle and sensitive nature makes it as called a gentle giant
- Great Dane should not be over exercised in the young age
- Daily walks are necessary for maintaining their health
- The Great Danes possess a lovely physical affection with their pet parents
- Friendly toward Strangers.
GREAT DANE HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 15 years.
- Mostly have a slower metabolism so daily walks are a must
- Major concerns: Common large dog breeds health problems
- Minor concerns: Heart diseases, shorter lifespan, risk of hip dysplasia
- Occasionally seen: wobbler disease, may have a merle gene, Dilated cardiomyopathy.
Also Read : American Staffordshire !