Golden Retriever a most popular dog breeds in the U.S. The breed’s extremely friendly, tolerant attitude makes them fabulous family pets, and their intelligence makes them highly capable working dogs. Golden retrievers are also very versatile. This dog knew as bird dogs, family pets, service dog for the disabled, and search and also rescue dog.
The first is by “type.” There are three different varieties of this dog: Canadian Golden Retrievers, British or English Golden Retrievers, and American Golden Retrievers. The differences between these three are minimal. They are mostly cosmetic and also have emerged naturally over the course of breeding.
Also Check: German Shepherd !
- Life expectancy: 10 – 12 years
- Origin: Scotland, United Kingdom
- Temperament: Intelligent, Friendly, Devoted
- Height: Male: 23–24 Inches, Female: 21–22 Inches
- Weight: Male: 65–75 pounds, Female: 55–65 pounds
- Colors: any shade of golden and cream
- Group: sporting Group
|Coat:||Straight or moderately wavy|
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||10-12 years|
GOLDEN RETRIEVER OVERVIEW
Golden Retrievers are outgoing, trustworthy, and eager-to-please family dogs, and relatively easy to train. Actually they take a joyous and playful approach to life and maintain this puppyish behavior into adulthood. These dog are energetic, and also a powerful gundogs enjoy outdoor play. For a dog breed built to retrieve waterfowl for hours on end, swimming and also fetching are natural pastimes.
These dog are fairly easy to train and get along in just about any home or family. They’re great with kids and very protective of their humans. If you want a loyal, loving, and also an intelligent companion, consider adopting a Golden Retriever into your pack.
More over Golden Retrievers excel at retrieving game for hunters, tracking, sniffing out contraband for law enforcement, and as therapy and assistance dogs. They’re also natural athletes breed and do well in dog sports such as agility and competitive obedience.
GOLDEN RETRIEVER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Golden retrievers are extremely a playful, enjoying, as well as yet gentle with children, and they tend to get along well with other pets and strangers.
- These dog are eager to please, which probably explains why they respond so well to obedience training and are such popular service dogs.
- He also likes to work, whether it involves hunting birds or fetching their guardian’s slippers.
- He is not often barkers, and they lack guard instincts, so do not count on them to make good watchdogs.
- However, some golden retrievers will let you know when strangers are approaching.
- Of course this breed likes to be active.
- Golden retrievers are also bird dogs at heart, so they extremely love a good game of fetch or a swim. If exercise is provided daily.
- These dog can adapt to any type of home, even if it is a city apartment.
- Golden retrievers are also considered average shedders. Brushing about once weekly will also keep the coat looking nice.
GOLDEN RETRIEVER HEALTH AND CARE
- Skin problems (allergies, hot spots, ear infections)
- Elbow dysplasia
- Eye disorders (entropion, CPRA)
- Mast cell tumors
- Occasionally seen in this breed: osteosarcoma
- Cardiac (thyroid)
Read about more popular dog breeds like Australian Shepherd.