The German Shepherd Dog is one of most popular dog breeds for good reason. Smart and easily trained dog, the ever-popular. German shepherd is quite active and likes to have something to do. Their devotion and courage are unmatched.
GERMAN SHEPHERD IMPORTANT STATS
- Life expectancy: 9 – 13 years
- Origin: Germany
- Temperament: Courageous, Calm, Alert, Confident, Obedient, Devoted, Self-assured, Good natured, Steady and Fearless dog
- Height: Male: 60–65 cm, Female: 55–60 cm
- Weight: Male: 30–40 kg, Female: 22–33 kg
- Colors: Most commonly tan with black saddlery
- Group: Working Group
|Litter size||average 4 to 9 may be larger|
|Life span||9-13 years|
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
German shepherd are intelligent dog and capable working dogs. They get along well with children and other pets if elevated with them. But in keeping with their guarding instincts, they tend to be leery of strangers accordingly .These dog are also amazingly versatile, excelling at most anything they’re trained to do.
GERMAN SHEPHERD TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- German Shepherds are also very moderately active dog and are described in breed standards as self assured.
- Curious, which makes them excellent guard dogs.
- They can become overprotective of their family and territory.
- Highly intelligent and obedient,
- German Shepherds are also well-known for their protectiveness over family members
- Moreover German Shepherds are a popular selection for use as working dogs.
- Being easy to train for performing Different tasks too.
- Potential for Mouthiness
- Prey Drive too
- Tendency To Bark or Howl
- Hence Wanterlust Potential
GERMAN SHEPHERD HEALTH AND CARE
- German Shepherd are a relatively healthy, disease-free breed
- It’s necessary to feed a well-balanced diet designed.
- Degenerative myelopathy, a neurological disease, occurs with enough regularity specifically in the breed to suggest that the breed is predisposed to it.
- A very cheap DNA saliva test is now available to screen for degenerative myelopathy.
- Hip dysplasia can be a problem
- Appropriate calcium levels are vital in developing a strong skeletal system and aid in preventing orthopedic diseases like Canine Hip Dysplasia.
- Exercise Needs
- Potential For Playfulness.