English Foxhound is a hound dog breed substantial galloping hound of great stamina. His long legs are straight as a gatepost, and just as sturdy. The famous English Foxhound is the epitome of what serious dog breeders strive for: beauty, loyalty, balance, and utility pet.Many English Foxhounds also engage in Foxhound Performance Trials, which grade the dogs on their pack hunting skills.
- Life expectancy: 10 – 13 years
- Origin: Great Britain, England
- Temperament: Affectionate, Sociable, Gentle
- Height: Male: 23–25 Inches, Female: 20–24 Inches
- Weight: Male: 60–75 pounds, Female: 55–75 pounds
- Colors: Bla Black, tan and white in any combination (hound colors), white with yellow or tan.
- Group: Hound Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||10-13 years|
ENGLISH FOXHOUND DOG
He is brilliant, sweet, friendly to people and considered good with children, but this dog likes to be in the company of other dogs even better, preferably running around outside. This dog is an active breed, athletic and energetic one that is happiest in the country with plenty of room to run. The English foxhound dog does not do well in an apartment.
This dog has wonderful endurance; he can trot through the countryside for many hours without stopping. The English foxhound’s passion for hunting and finding the source of an interesting scent may prompt him to wander dog.
ENGLISH FOXHOUND TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- The English Foxhound makes a stately family member, and desires human or canine companionship dog breed.
- They usually get along well with horses, dogs, children, and other pets.
- They are avid sniffers and trailers, however, and need daily exercise in a safe area.
- This breed is tolerant, amiable, and gentle, even though they are not very demonstrative. Most are reserved with strangers.
- They may not be well suited for city life. They bay.
ENGLISH FOXHOUND HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 10 to 13 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: none
- Occasionally seen: CHD, renal disease
- Suggested tests: (hip)