Chow chow a powerful, lion-like looking dog breed that originally breed in Northern China. This dog breed has very dense coat that comes either rough or smooth. His lion-like look come from the thick fur on the neck. Apart from eye-catching aspect, chow chow are known for their skills in protection and hunting. Well-socialized Chows are never fierce or intractable, but always refined and dignified. These dog are aloof with strangers and eternally loyal to loved ones.How to Improve Your Dogs Recall
- Life expectancy: 8 – 12 years
- Origin: china
- Temperament: Dignified, Bright, serious-Minded
- Height: Male: 17–20 Inches, Female: 16–19 Inches
- Weight: Male: 45–70 pounds, Female: 45–65 pounds
- Colors: Red (light gold to deep red-brown) Cinnamon (light tan to brown) Black, Cream, Blue
- Group: Non sporting Group
|Coat:||Thick and coarse|
|Litter size||average 4 to 7 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||8-12 years|
CHOW CHOW OVERVIEW
Chow chows are not usually social, outgoing dogs. chow tend to be aloof with strangers and can be aggressive with other dog. Early socialization to other dogs, pets and people is important. These dog may become nuisance barkers if their alarm barking is not controlled.
They’ll play with their people, but strangers are of no interest to them unless they’re approaching the Chow’s home without invitation from his owner in which case he’ll challenge the trespasser. This Dog will, however, let unfamiliar touch him if introduced by one of his owners.
CHOW CHOW TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- These are very independent and aloof, and they need an owner who appreciates those traits but won’t let the dog take over.
- Chow should be well socialized introduced to new people, dogs, and situations beginning in early puppyhood to ensure that they’re safe and relaxed as adults.BEAGLE ! MOST CHEERFUL DOG BREED IN THE WORLD
- These dog are fairly intelligent but they have both an independent and a stubborn streak, so training them can be a challenge.
- To do well in struggling, they require a firm, patient trainer who has plenty of creativity.
- These dog are fiercely protective and need training to control this guarding tendency.
- Chow may bond with just one person or to their immediate family.
- They’re suspicious of strangers.
- This dog can live in apartments or condos, so long as they get daily exercise.
- Because of his deep-set eyes, dog has limited peripheral vision; it’s best to approach him from the front.FRENCH BULLDOG, A BREED OF DOMESTIC DOG
CHOW CHOW HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 8 to 12 years.
- Chows are generally healthy, but like all breeds, they can get certain health conditions.
- He has some health problems that can be a concern, especially if you aren’t careful whom you buy from.
- Chow include hip and elbow dysplasia, patellar luxation, autoimmune thyroiditis, and eye problems such as cataracts, distichiasis and glaucoma.
- Stomach cancer and gastric torsion are also seen in the breed.
- They also need daily exercise.
- He needs to be brushed two or three times a week to keep their coat in good condition.