BullMastiff is a brave,intelligent, affectionate, and highly loyal dog breeds. Bullmastiff puppies are relatively quiet pets, relying on their size, strength, and also reputation to deter intruders.
These dog breeds are loyal, loving, good nature, and sweet, although he can be aggressive when he feels that he or his family is threatened. The dog cared to his human family, particularly children, so a well-bred, well-socialized Bullmastiff is an excellent family dog.
- Life expectancy: 8 – 10 years
- Origin: United Kingdom
- Temperament: Brave, Affectionate, Loyal
- Height: Male: 25–27 Inches, Female: 24–26 Inches
- Weight: Male: 110–130 pounds, Female: 100–120 pounds
- Colors: Red,Fawn, Brindle
- Group: working dogs Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||8-10 years|
Bullmastiff Dog is not highly active, but he successfully competes in obedience, agility, tracking and carting, and he makes a good therapy dog. He’s brilliant, brave and a quick study, but he’s not big on repetitive training dog. They are best family dogs and will protect their family and property. This cute dog requires a fenced yard and should never be allowed to roam.
Extremely strong-willed Bull mastiff is not afraid of anything and would lay down his life for his family. Mild-mannered and sweet unless incited, this 130-pound guard dog will lean on your leg and sit on your feet while he snorts, snuffles and drools.
BULLMASTIFF TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Bullmastiff Dog is gentle and quiet, a devoted companion and guardian.
- This healthy dog is not easily roused, but once threatened it is fearless.
- Bullmastiffs are stubborn and cannot easily be goaded into action against their will.
- Some dogs can be assertive towards new dogs, and should be introduced carefully. Males especially tend to not tolerate other males.
- Bullmastiff dog is good with children, but should be raised with them.
- Bullmastiff needs a firm but loving home.
- Bullmastiff dog breed is not for fragile or timid owners.
- Moreover Bullmastiff is a big dog and needs daily exercise to stay in shape.
- Bullmastiff puppies needs are moderate, however, and can be met with walks on leash and short romps.
- These dog breeds do not do well in hot, humid weather, and need a soft bed and plenty of room to stretch out..
BULLMASTIFF HEALTH AND CARE
- Bullmastiff Life expectation is 8 to 10 years.
- Major concerns: gastric torsion, CHD, elbow dysplasia
- Minor concerns: entropion
- Occasionally seen: hemangiosarcoma, osteosarcoma, lymphosarcoma, mast cell tumors, cardiomyopathy, SAS, hypothyroidism
- Suggested tests: hip, elbow, eye, cardiac, thyroid