Brittany Dog Breed info, Brittany Dog puppies, Brittany spaniel, Brittany Dog Health, Brittany Dog Life, Brittany Dog Grooming, Brittany Dog Temperament ….
Brittany Dog is a dog breed as gundogs, and they definitely have birds on the brain. Although Brittany Dog is often called Brittany Spaniel. Energetic Brittany Dog is a versatile family companion dog and hunting dog and Brittany Dog works more closely to the hunter than other pointing dog breeds.
- Life expectancy: 12– 14 years
- Origin: Brittany, France
- Temperament: Bright, Fun-Loving, Upbeat
- Height: Male: 17.5–20.5 Inches, Female: 15–19 Inches
- Weight: Male: 40 pounds, Female: 48 pounds
- Colors: Orange and white, liver and white, black and white (not universally accepted), tricolor, orange roan, liver roan, black roan
- Group: Sporting Group
|Coat:||Medium Length, Flowing|
|Litter size||average 6 to 8 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
The Brittany dog is a friendly, bright breed that is full of energy. Brittany dog’s sweet disposition is good dog for children and he usually does not mind some rough housing. Brittany dog is eager to please, Brittany enjoys being taught basic obedience and they are quick learner’s dog breeds.
Brittany dogs are best suited to a home with an active owner who will take time to train and hunt with the dog. The dog can be restless and may be prone to excessive barking or roaming. Early obedience, socialization and daily exercise are a must.
BRITTANY DOG TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- The Brittany dog is quick and curious dog, always on the lookout for birds or fun.
- This dog love to run, scout, hunt, and play.
- They have an independent nature, befitting any pointing breed, yet are sensitive and very responsive to human direction dog breeds.
- Brittany dog makes good pets as long as they receive daily mental and physical exercise and grooming.
- If not given sufficient exercise, they can become destructive.
BRITTANY DOG HEALTH AND CARE
- Major concerns: CHD
- Minor concerns: epilepsy, hypothyroidism
- Occasionally seen: lens luxation, PRA
- Suggested tests: hip, thyroid, (eye)
- Life span of Brittany: 12–14 years