Boston terrier is a home dog breed originating in the United States of America. These dogs were originally bred to be fighting dog, but today, they’re gentle, affectionate companions pet with tuxedo-like markings that earned them the nickname “American Gentleman.”
Also Check: German Shepherd !
BOSTON TERRIER IMPORTANT STATS
- Life expectancy: 11 – 13 years
- Origin: United state of America
- Temperament: Friendly dog , Bright, Amusing
- Height: Male: 15–17 Inches, Female: 14–15 Inches
- Weight: Male: 12–25 pounds, Female: 11–24 pounds
- Colors: Brindle, seal, Black with white
- Group: Non sporting Group
|Coat:||Short, smooth & slick|
|Litter size||average 1 to 6 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||11-13 years|
BOSTON TERRIER DOG
Boston Terrier is a compactly built, square-proportioned, short-backed and also a clean-cut dog. This dog breed conveys the impression of determination, brilliant, strength, sturdiness, liveliness, and also style, with a graceful carriage. The dog Boston retains many of the attributes of his Bulldog ancestors, but in a clean-cut package that makes a handy house companion dog. Moreover the small dog with short fine coat, distinctive markings, adds to this breed’s dapper appearance.
BOSTON TERRIER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Boston is devoted and also sensitive to his family’s wishes and also moods.
- This dog is small home breed, well-mannered indoors but saucy and playful (especially enjoying ball chasing) whenever the chance arises.
- Moreover Somewhat stubborn, Bostons are nonetheless clever and learn readily.
- Normally these dog are reserved with strangers, and also some pet may be assertive toward strange dogs, and should be introduced carefully. Some bark a lot.
BOSTON TERRIER HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: patellar luxation, stenotic nares, elongated soft palate, allergies
- Occasionally seen: deafness, seizures, cataract, demodicosis
- Suggested tests: knee, eye, hearing
- Life span: 10–14 years
- Note: Hence this dog does not tolerate the heat and is sensitive to anesthesia. Bostons are prone to corneal abrasions. Caesarean deliveries are commonly needed.