Australian terrier is a devoted family pet that is good with children. However, because they were dog breeds to hunt down small critters, this canine doesn’t get along well with cats and other small pets, and may not be friendly with other dogs he doesn’t know well.
- Life expectancy: 11 – 15 years
- Origin: Australia
- Temperament: Affectionate, Courageous, Spirited
- Height: Male: 10–11 Inches, Female: 9–11 Inches
- Weight: Male: 15–20 pounds, Female: 14–20 pounds
- Colors: Blue, silver, tan with light color
- Group: Terrier Group
|Coat:||Short, soft under coat, harsh straight outer coat|
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||11-15 years|
AUSTRALIAN TERRIER DOG
The AUSTRALIAN TERRIER is small but sturdy, self-confident terrier dog known for a longish torso, distinctive coat furnishings around the neck and forequarters, and a topknot of soft, silky hair that contrasts in texture with an otherwise harsh coat.
Australian Terrier was also prized as watchdogs and companions. Today, the Australian Terrier dog breeds maintain those same characteristics: the AUSTRALIAN TERRIER is a delightful companion, a fierce earth dog competitor, a conformation and also obedience showman.
AUSTRALIAN TERRIER TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE.
- This dog is fun loving and adventurous, and needs daily exercise to keep from becoming frustrated.
- Australian Terrier one of the quieter dog, the Aussie is nonetheless a plucky, tough character, ready to go after a rodent when the chance arises.
- Aussies are clever and generally eager to please, making them one of the more obedient terriers.
- Australian terrier get along fairly well with other dogs and household pets.
- They are reserved dog with strangers.
- Moreover their wire coat needs weekly combing plus twice yearly professional grooming.
AUSTRALIAN TERRIER HEALTH AND CARE
- AUSTRALIAN TERRIER Life expectation is 11 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: patellar luxation and also diabetes
- Occasionally seen: Legg-Perthes, seizures, cruciate ligament rupture
- Suggested tests: (eye), knee, thyroid