Anatolian Shepherd is a breed of dog that originated in the Anatolia region of central Turkey. Anatolian Shepherd Dog is a rugged, imposing flock guardian dog of ancient lineage. This dog is Protective and territorial, but also intelligent, patient, and profoundly loyal, these muscular avengers are prized as working guard dogs without equal.
- Life expectancy: 11 – 13 years
- Origin: Turkey
- Temperament: Independent, Loyal and also Reserved
- Height: Male: 29 Inches, Female: 27 Inches
- Weight: Male: 110–105 pounds, Female: 80–120 pounds
- Colors: fawn, Brindle,
- Group: working Group
ANATOLIAN SHEPARD MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS
|Litter size||average 5 to 10 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||11-13 years|
ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD DOG
Anatolians dog will protect their flock—livestock, children, smaller pets, even the family cat—with intensity. Anatolian owners must be strong leaders, must willing and able to handle a dog as dominating and demanding as well as he is calm and also loving. Moreover these dog breeds is probably not a good choice as a family pet if you have very young children.
ANATOLIAN SHEPARD TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Anatolian Shepherd is a serious dog, devoted to his family and duty as family protector.
- They are suspicious of strangers and are also territorial dog.
- Anatolian Shepherd dog While good with children, they may not be playful enough to satisfy children’s desires.
- Normally as a serious watch dog, this dog tends to bark a lot when his suspicions are aroused.
- Moreover this dog is not the perfect breed for everyone.
- Anatolian Shepherds have a deep, booming bark which they use freely, especially at night when dogs are most vigilant.
ANATOLIAN SHEPARD HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 13 years.
- Major concerns: CHD
- Minor concerns: entropion
- Occasionally seen: elbow dysplasia
- Suggested tests: hip, elbow
- Note: he is also very sensitive to barbiturate anesthesia
Also Read : Top 10 best family dogs around the world !