American Water Spaniel was developed in the United States of America as an all-around hunting dog, the dog breeds to retrieve from skiff or canoes and work ground with relative ease. American Water Spaniel is an active muscular american dog breeds, medium in size with a marcel to curly coat. The dog has high energy of a dog born to chase and retrieve game, but given enough exercise, he can also make a great family companion.
- Life expectancy: 10 – 14 years
- Origin: United States
- Temperament: Eager, Happy, Charming
- Height: Male: 15–18 Inches, Female: 12–15 Inches
- Weight: Male: 30–45 pounds, Female: 25–40 pounds
- Colors: Shades of Brown
- Group: Sporting Group
|Coat:||Double coated, Curly exterior layer|
|Litter size||average 4 to 6 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||10-14 years|
AMERICAN WATER SPANIEL DOG
The American Water Spaniel, native to the lake country of the upper Midwest, is an upbeat, outdoorsy athlete dog breeds who loves to hunt and swim. These dog are known to be happy, eager, and charming dog, though aloof with strangers and also a bit stubborn.
However this dog packs a lot of ability into a comparatively small dog. This dog breed’s muzzle is long and strong enough to carry a large goose, and has strong quarters to propel through water and over land.
AMERICAN WATER SPANIEL TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- As this dog breed’s name implies, the American Water Spaniel is also a natural lover of water.
- Not only are they skilled and versatile retrievers, but this dog also tractable fun-loving family dogs—as long as they get regular physical and mental exercise.
- American Water Spaniels are sensitive and also willing to please.
- Moreover some can be timid.
- Generally good with other dogs in the household, some are assertive and should be introduced carefully to new dog and also household pet.
AMERICAN WATER SPANIEL HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 10 to 14 years.
- Major concerns: mitral valve disease
- Minor concerns: PDA, pulmonic stenosis and also CHD
- Occasionally seen: patellar luxation ,PRA
- Suggested tests: cardiac, hip, eye
Also See : American Bulldog !