American Staffordshire terrier, known to their fans as AmStaffs are smart, loyal, confident, good-natured and companion’s dog breeds. The dog courage is proverbial. A responsibly dog, well-socialized AmStaff is also a loyal, trustworthy friend to the end. They are also generally friendly toward strangers as long as their family is present.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 16 years
- Origin: United states of America
- Temperament: Confident, smart, Good Nature
- Height: Male: 18–19 Inches, Female: 17–18 Inches
- Weight: Male: 55–70 pounds, Female: 40–55 pounds
- Colors: Any Color
- Group: Terrier Group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-16 years|
AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER DOG
American Staffordshire Terriers dog enjoy nothing more than being with the humans they care about, whether they’re out for a jog, playing in the yard, or cuddling up on the couch.They are American Popular Dog Breeds. These dog are intelligent and eager to please, which makes them highly trainable, though that intelligence means the dog also needs mental stimulation.
TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Typically docile and playful with their family, American Staffordshire terroir dog.
- Terriers are also generally friendly toward strangers as long as their family is present.
- These dog are generally very good with children.
- They are a protective dog breeds and should be introduced to new dogs carefully.
- Moreover The dogs are stubborn, tenacious, and fearless.
- For all of their tough persona, the most important thing in life to these dog breeds are their family’s fond attention.
AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 12 to 16 years.
- Major concerns: CHD, cerebellar ataxia and also PRA
- Minor concerns: elbow dysplasia, heart disease and also hypothyroidism
- Occasionally seen: cruciate ligament rupture, allergies, hypothyroidism
- Suggested tests: hip, cardiac, (elbow), thyroid, eye, DNA for ataxia
- Note: CHD seldom causes problems or symptoms in this dog.
Also See : Rottweiler Facts !