American Pit Bull Terrier is a companion, fearless, social, family dog breeds. Originally bred to “bait” bulls, the breed evolved into all-around farm dog, and later moved into the house to become “nanny dogs” because these dogs were so gentle around children. Their fearless tenacity, gameness, and courage make them popular competitors in the sports of weight pulling, agility, and also obedience competition.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 15 years
- Origin: England
- Temperament: fearless, loyal and also brilliant
- Height: Male: 17- 21 Inches, Female: 17–20 Inches
- Weight: Male: 30–50 pounds, Female: 25–45 pounds
- Colors: Variety of color
- Group: Terrier Group/ working group
|Litter size||average 3 to 4 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-15 years|
American Pit Bull Terrier
Pit Bull dog is one of the so-called bully breeds often labeled a pit bull. In fact, pit bull is not a breed, but a term used to describe the American Pit Bull Terrier, the Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, and also the Staffordshire Bull Terrier dog.
PIT BULL TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- The dog is protective and fearless Pit Bull noted for its playful temperament and also friendly nature.
- The Pit Bull is also athletic, brave and has a strong desire to please people.
Moreover American pit bull terrier is the perfect dog for you if:
- You have time to provide daily exercise.
- You enjoy the outdoors and want to take your dog camping, hiking, and also on daily strolls through the neighborhood.
- Willing to train and also socialize your dog.
- However Single owner looking for companionship.
- You have a family with older children.
- Moreover you are a strong, confident leader who has experience handling and training dog.
AMERICAN PIT BULL HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 12 to 15 years.
Common health concerns for American pit bull terriers:
- Canine hip dysplasia (CHD)
- Parvo:Canine parvovirus causes severe vomiting, bloody diarrhea, and also life-threatening dehydration in puppies who are not adequately vaccinated.
Environmental allergies can cause itchy skin, a bumpy rash, and chronic ear infections in the American pit bull terrier. moreover Clinical signs are often seasonal, with symptoms exacerbated when allergens like pollen circulate at high levels, but sensitivity to allergens like food ingredients or dust mites can cause year-round problems.However If your American pit bull terrier is itchy, consult your veterinarian.
Other health concerns may include:
- Knee problems
- Demodectic mange
- Skin infections
- Cerebellar ataxia
- Cleft lip or palate
- Urinary stones