American Foxhound dog breeds are good-natured, brilliant, loyal and low-maintenance hounds that get on well with kids, dogs, even cats, but come with special considerations for prospective owners. These dogs are closely associated with Revolutionary heroes and also the rolling estates of old Virginia.
Also Check: German Shepherd !
- Life expectancy: 11 – 13 years
- Origin: United state
- Temperament: Easy going, sweet- tempered, Independent,
- Height: Male: 21–25 Inches, Female: 21–24 Inches
- Weight: Male: 65–70 pounds, Female: 60–65 pounds
- Colors: Red, Tricolor, black and ten, blue
- Group: Hound Group
|Litter size||average 5 to 7 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||11-13 years|
AMERICAN FOXHOUND DOG
American Foxhound dog breeds related to a way of life that has continued for more than two centuries, but he has the potential to be a modern-day companion as well. These dogs are sleek, rangy hunters known for their speed, endurance, and also work ethic.
You can tell the American Foxhound apart from their British cousin the English Foxhound by length of leg—the American’s dog legs are longer and more finely boned and by the American’s slightly arched loin. Moreover American dogs have large, soft eyes with an expression described as gentle and also pleading.
AMERICAN FOXHOUNDS TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Although by tradition the Foxhound was not a house pet, this dog is well mannered in the home.
- Foxhounds dog get along best with human or canine companionship.
- These dog are tolerant, amiable, and also very gentle dog, even though these dog are not very demonstrative.
- Most are reserved with strangers.
- This dog also needs daily exercise in a safe area. Once on a scent, the Foxhound will follow gleefully, heedless of commands.
- Moreover this is a dog that bays and likes the outdoors, and is not usually defined as a city dog.
AMERICAN FOXHOUNDS HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 11 to 13 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: none
- Occasionally seen: thrombopathy
- Suggested tests: (platelets)