The Affenpinscher also known as the “Monkey Terrier”, “Monkey Dog”, is a terrier-like toy Pinscher dog breeds. Affenpinscher is most loyal, curious, and famously amusing; this pet almost-humantoy dog is fearless out of all proportion to his size. As with all great comedians dog, it’s the Affenpinscher’s apparent seriousness of purpose that makes his antics all the more amusing breeds.
- Life expectancy: 12 – 15 years
- Origin: Germany
- Temperament: Famously Funny, Fearless, Confident
- Height: Male: 9–11 Inches, Female: 9–11 Inches
- Weight: Male: 7–10 pounds, Female: 6–10 pounds
- Colors: Black, Brown, gray, silver, tan
- Group: Toy Group
|Coat:||Rough coat,long shaggy|
|Litter size||average 2 to 3 pups maybe larger|
|Life span||12-14 years|
They are also fiercely independent dog, but at the same time are very friendly with humans. This dog needs constant attention from their owners, both to keep them happy and to stop them from getting bored.
Sturdy, smart, and alert, the Affenpinscher is an excellent watchdog who fears nothing. He’s not normally loud, but he is excitable. Once he’s on alert, it takes a while for him to calm down. This dog takes seriously his duty to guard home, family, and territory.
TEMPERAMENT AND APPEARANCE
- Affenpinscher dog lives up to its name monkey terrier in both looks and actions.
- These dog are terriers at heart, busy, inquisitive, bold, and stubborn, but also love to monkey around, being playful and mischievous like English Foxhound.
- This Dog breeds tends to bark and even climb.
- Unlike most terriers, they are fairly good with other dogs and pets.
- This little dog is best with a family/friend that likes entertainment and has a very good sense of humor.
HEALTH AND CARE
- Life expectation is 12 to 15 years.
- Major concerns: none
- Minor concerns: patellar luxation, corneal ulcers
- Occasionally seen: PDA, open fontanel, respiratory difficulties, Legg-Perthes
- Suggested tests: knee, eye